Last Updated August 18, 2016
The Conspire website (the “Site”) is operated by FullContact, Inc. dba Conspire (“Conspire”).
Conspire Privacy Highlights
Conspire analyzes your email history to understand who you know and find the best paths from you to the people and companies you're interested in. In order to do this, we request access to your email account.
- We never send email or make changes to your email account without your approval.
- We never access the bodies or attachments of your messages. We access only email headers (the to, from, cc, bcc, subject and date fields).
- You and your relationships to your contacts are added to the Conspire network. This means that Conspire users in your extended network will be able to see who you know and how strong your relationships are.
- You are in control of your personal network. If another Conspire user wants an introduction to one of your contacts, they must ask you.
- We do not expose your email address(es) to other Conspire users unless (a) they have already corresponded with you at that address or (b) you both join the same community network (such as the Techstars network on Conspire).
- Questions? Ask us.
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect information from such persons. Any person who provides information to us through registration or in any other manner on the Site represents to Conspire that they are 13 years of age or older. If we learn that a child under 13 has submitted personal information to us, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible.
Collection of Information
"Personally Identifiable Information" means any information which can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to, name, email address, postal or other physical address, title, or occupation.
The Site allows you to link your email account(s) (each, a "Linked Account"). We attempt to use OAuth to access Linked Accounts in order to limit our collection of your passwords. For a Linked Account that does not support OAuth, we will ask for your login credentials for such Linked Account, which may include your email address and password. In all cases, we attempt to collect your name and email address and the names and email addresses of your email contacts. Additionally, if you choose to upgrade to any paid features of Conspire, we will ask you for your full name and payment verification information, including address and credit card number.
We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information (as described below) and the page you request.
Some of the pages on the Site may contain "cookies." A cookie is a small data file that may be sent to your web browser and stored on your computer. This allows our server to "recognize" you when your computer visits the Site in the future. Most web browsers can be configured to not accept cookies, or to notify you if a cookie is sent to you. In some instances, Conspire may collect non-Personally Identifiable Information (aggregate or demographic data) through cookies.
Conspire uses Personally Identifiable Information for several general purposes:
- to build and maintain your network of email contacts,
- to add you and your contacts to Conspire's aggregated network of all contacts,
- to share your network of contacts with other Conspire users,
- to otherwise operate and support the Site,
- to contact you for feedback about the Site,
- to provide you with product and service information, webinars, demos, and news,
- to conduct research about Conspire or our products and services,
- to fulfill your purchase requests, or
- to process your payments including credit checks and collection.
We may use non-Personally Identifiable Information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and further improve the Site and our products and services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- when we have your consent to share the information.
- if sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide the Site. If your information is shared with third parties we will only provide the information reasonably needed to deliver the Site.
- to keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners.
- if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal safety, the public, or the Site.
- in connection with a sale or merger with another entity or if Conspire should ever file for bankruptcy or have its assets sold to another entity.
Conspire may also share non-Personally Identifiable Information with third parties.
We are committed to protecting Personally Identifiable Information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. Conspire takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of Personally Identifiable Information. While we strive to protect your Personally Identifiable Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit to us in all cases.
Third Party Sites
The Site interacts with the Linked Accounts and may contain links to other sites and services (collectively, "Third Party Services"). Conspire is not responsible for the privacy practices of such Third Party Services. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each Third Party Service that you link to your Conspire account or otherwise interact with in connection with your Conspire account.
Personally Identifiable Information collected on the Site may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Conspire or its agents maintain facilities, and by using the Site, you consent to any such transfer of information outside of your country.